Announce
Games

How do I get a tag ?

Read the FAQ !

email us
TMO Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TMO Talk » Life » The Monday natter thread. (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Author Topic: The Monday natter thread.
sam
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for sam           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a weird random thought to have on your anniversary, Misc.....

--------------------
A day without laughter is a day wasted.
In memory of Alastair

MiscellaneousFiles

- posted      Profile for MiscellaneousFiles           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't go reading anything into it...

I'm having enough trouble with Kayleigh. There's no way I'd consider having another right now.

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm starting to think that I'm developing an alcohol intolerance. I had just five pints on saturday night and I was crippled on sunday with a whopper of a migraine teamed with unending cyclical vomiting. I mean, I know what a five pint hangover feels like, and it's not that. Nowhere near. The depths of the nausea, the repeated retching and puking, every ten minutes for hours. Finally tranced out into a semi awake state in the afternoon, and surfaced proper about 8pm. I've had these bouts before, even regularly, but I've always put it down to drinking way too much. But that's not normal after five pints of bitter.

I can still feel it even now... my head still doesn't feel quite right, it's buzzing as my migraine finally starts to fade out.

Could be the end of my drinking career. I can't take much more of that kind of nausea, let alone the pain.

[ 06.04.2009, 10:17: Message edited by: Deep Freeze ]

squeegy
'small african childe'
 - posted      Profile for squeegy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd recommend further testing. Give it a break for a couple of weeks and try again.

Quitting is for losers.

--------------------
supa scrub

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Deep Freeze           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh I won't be quitting, I just might have to retire from the pro circuit. I've been surviving mostly off scotch recently... I've fallen out of any kind of social life, so the evenings are now all about nursing a glass of malt from the comfort of the sofa. I'll hopefully be able to carry that on, but I guess any professional appearances may have to be cancelled. Shouldn't be a problem.

[ 06.04.2009, 10:23: Message edited by: Deep Freeze ]

sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by squeegy:
Quitting is for losers.

Oh yes indeedy. [Frown]

You're right; that sounds wrong on just five pints. Ha! Even I never got that bad on so little.

Maybe you should see a dr or something, unless you're afraid of what you might find.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
I think it's probably just cirrhosis or something.
Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sam's the most awful poster in the world. A breathtakingly awful mixture of preachy, patronising, negativity, clumsiness and stupid.

--------------------
sweet

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
and I thought I'd cornered that market years ago.
sam
TMO Member
Could be.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by Black Mask:
sam's the most awful poster in the world. A breathtakingly awful mixture of preachy, patronising, negativity, clumsiness and stupid.

We know each other so well.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deep Freeze:
oh I won't be quitting, I just might have to retire from the pro circuit.

I've had to do ths over the past three or so years. Started by knocking mid-week all day drinking sessions, on the head, then started taking Sundays our of the equation. Now it's all low key local stuff. There's still the occasional showcase match where I'll sray up drinking till about four, but it doesn't really happen much these days and I mostly only do it for the fans.

But yeah. I never seemed to have the problems you describe. Sounds like you're on your way out, bro.

Black Mask

- posted      Profile for Black Mask           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And who's Alastair?

--------------------
sweet

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey maybe someone can help me out here. A chap recently did me a huge favour and I want to repay him in booze. He likes a nice single malt so I figured that's a good way to go. But can someone recommend one that isn't glenfiddich?
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
rather than cutting out the drinking, I've been cutting out friends, via a simple yet devastating campaign of being unrelentingly bleak and cynical about everything. Once adopted, this strategy brings immediate and lasting results. I've had to stop saying things to Louise, after she told me that she couldn't take my negativity.

[ 06.04.2009, 10:56: Message edited by: Deep Freeze ]

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem with single malt is it's all down to personal taste.

Some people adore Laphroaig, I personally can't stand it, so it's a bit dangerous to go for one of the big british ones.

I'd probably go for something that he is unlikely to have tried before and is still good. Last night I had some Suntory single malt from Japan and I thought that was delicious, and it has the added bonus of having Japanese writing on the bottle which makes it cooler.

I'd recommend that.

Thorn Davis

- posted      Profile for Thorn Davis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Hey maybe someone can help me out here. A chap recently did me a huge favour and I want to repay him in booze. He likes a nice single malt so I figured that's a good way to go. But can someone recommend one that isn't glenfiddich?

Benrowan, Benromach, Knockandoo, Balvenie, and Auchantoshen are all ones that I've enjoyed over the last 18 months or so.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Black Mask

Yeah, you don't want anything too challenging, so give the Islays a miss.

--------------------
sweet

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
that's pretty much how I imagine myself every time I settle down with a glass and bottle.
Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Deep Freeze
Sounds like you just got a migraine as opposed to a severe alcohol reaction?

My Dad sometimes gets them - Crippling headache and vomiting and unable to do anything - just stay in bed and attempt to sleep as much as possible.

he did say he used to get them after drinking certain types of alcohol like Brown Ale I think...

Ringo

- posted      Profile for Ringo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherry In Hove:

I'd probably go for something that he is unlikely to have tried before and is still good. Last night I had some Suntory single malt from Japan and I thought that was delicious, and it has the added bonus of having Japanese writing on the bottle which makes it cooler.

Ooh that looks good, despite the spazzy website. Where can you get that from?
ralph

- posted      Profile for ralph           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I thought I was? You're so fucking fickle...
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
@Tilde yeah it's certainly a migraine, but the extent of the vomiting and the unending depth to the nausea makes me thinks that something else is also going on.
Black Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Deep Freeze:
@Tilde yeah it's certainly a migraine, but the extent of the vomiting and the unending depth to the nausea makes me thinks that something else is also going on.

You best start fucking, boy. You want to leave your mark on this world, right? Plus, a kid is just what you need.

--------------------
sweet

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
my mark on the world is contained within these humble pages.
H1ppychick
We all prisoners, chickee-baby.
We all locked in.
 - posted      Profile for H1ppychick           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...when you're looking for a transplant donor...

eta: damn, way to kill my punchline with your intervening postage

yeah it was Suntory that Bill Murray was advertising in the film but apparently it was a blended rather than a single malt

[ 06.04.2009, 11:16: Message edited by: H1ppychick ]

--------------------
i'm expressing my inner anguish through the majesty of song

Deep Freeze
TMO Member
relaxing times.
Deep Freeze
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by H1ppychick:

eta: damn, way to kill my punchline with your intervening postage

You've got to be quicker.
sam
TMO Member
quote:
Originally posted by ralph:
quote:

I thought I was? You're so fucking fickle...
You mean he wasn't even being original?

He's slipping.

--------------------
In memory of Alastair

Cherry In Hove
Channel 39
 - posted      Profile for Cherry In Hove           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo:
Ooh that looks good, despite the spazzy website. Where can you get that from?

I don't know. The bottle I was drinking last night was brought over from Japan. But I'm sure you could find it somewhere here.

Cursory search has turned up thedrinkshop

£25.77 for 10 year old, £35.45 for 12 years and £59.49 for 18 years.

Tilde
TMO Member
 - posted      Profile for Tilde           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm definitely a whisky paedophile at those prices.

This topic is comprised of pages: 2 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Moon Online

copyright TMO y2k+